PHILANTHROPIC FUNDRAISING GUIDELINES FOR UNITED STATES TEMPLES, UNITS AND CLUBS
In the United States, Subordinate Temples support the Daughters of the Nile Foundation through the Convalescent Endowment Fund and the Convalescent Relief Account. The Shriners Hospitals for Children®, by donation through the Daughters of the Nile Foundation, is the sole philanthropy of Daughters of the Nile.
The Philanthropic Fundraising Guidelines for the United States and Canadian Temples, Clubs and Units can be found in Supreme Temple Bylaws; Section IV, Manual of Procedures in its entirety.
[Donation and My Gift Program forms are available through the Supreme Temple website (www.daughtersofthenile.org/gift-store) or the Daughters of the Nile Foundation (www.donfdn.org/product-category/donate)]
1. GENERAL GUIDELINES
a. All money received for the Daughters of the Nile Foundation by the Subordinate Temples shall be forwarded as soon as possible to the Foundation. All checks must be made payable to the Daughters of the Nile Foundation and designated for either the Convalescent Endowment Fund or the Convalescent Relief Account. Checks made payable to the Daughters of the Nile Foundation should not be held over in the Temple’s possession or held for presentation to the Supreme Queen during her Official Visit. Donations for the Daughters of the Nile Foundation are to be sent to the Daughters of the Nile Foundation, NOT to the Supreme Princess Recorder/Supreme Princess Banker.
1) Donations to the Foundation may be sent from individuals or from the Princess Recorder.
2) The Princess Recorder shall send a contributor’s check and American Order Form (www.donfdn.org/product-category/donate) to the Daughters of the Nile Foundation without processing the check through the Temple’s accounting records.
3) Contributions to the Daughters of the Nile Foundation are tax deductible. If a single donation exceeds fifty dollars ($50), the Princess Recorder/individual should include contact information when forwarding checks to the Foundation so that a Foundation receipt may be issued for tax reporting purposes.
4) If a contributor to the Daughters of the Nile Foundation is not a member and the single donation exceeds fifty dollars ($50), the contributor’s check and any contact information shall be sent to the Foundation for processing and tax receipt.
5) The fiscal year of the Daughters of the Nile Foundation is January 1 through December 31.
Download/Print Fundraising Guidelines: PHILANTHROPIC FUNDRAISING GUIDELINES